All of our processes concerning personally identifiable information (‘personal information’) are in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (‘GDPR’).
TCB owns and operates the website on bonaireisland.com and all websites on sub domains under this domain name (‘TCB Websites’).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ON TCB WEBSITES
During the length of your visit to TCB Websites we may collect data for statistical purposes, data for tracking purposes, personal information you provide for marketing purposes, and personal information you provide for immigration purposes.
Data for statistical purposes
TCB uses Google Analytics to help us analyze how visitors use the website for the purposes of improving the visitor’s experience as well as the website’s performance. This information is gathered in aggregate form and does not contain any personal information.
Data for tracking purposes
TCB uses Google Analytics, as well as third parties, to assist us with the marketing of Bonaire as a tourism and investment destination. These third parties use ‘cookies’ to store information about your visit to TCB Websites for the purpose of providing you with targeted advertisements on other websites, to track your behavior online, and to receive insights from those third parties about our target audiences and where to advertise.
Information you provide
On TCB Websites we also collect personal information through the use of forms with which you can provide us with personal information. These forms will include an option to give us your consent whether or not we can collect, hold, and share your information where applicable.
Examples of forms we use are newsletter subscription forms to let you subscribe to our newsletters or marketing updates.
In any case where you provide us with information of other people or businesses it is your responsibility to ensure that they are aware of the information you provide to TCB and that they have given you permission to do so.
A cookie is a small text file which is placed on your computer with your permission. This cookie allows web applications to respond to you as an individual. A cookie does not give anyone access to your device as it is a non-executable file.
You can control cookie behavior through the settings of your browser and TCB Websites will ask for your permission to place cookies for tracking purposes.
- For technical purposes. These are cookies that are set to remember your choices during your visit and to prevent attacks on our website. These do not contain personal information.
- To measure statistical information. These are cookies that are set by Google Analytics which allow it to measure visits to the website. We use this information to improve your experience on our website. These cookies do not contain personal information.
- For tracking purposes. These are cookies that are set by third parties with the purpose of marketing Bonaire (see ‘Data for tracking purposes’ for a full explanation). These cookies contain personal information and we do not allow placement of them without your consent.
Some third parties we use on TCB Websites may place cookies of their own. You can control their behavior through their own websites.
Protecting and sharing personal information
TCB takes every reasonable step to safeguard your personal information and will not share it with unauthorized third parties to collect, hold, or share it.
Your personal information may be shared with:
- Legal and other professional advisers;
- Service providers contracted to us for IT and customer relationship management purposes;
Whenever TCB shares information with third parties we will ensure that the contract we have with these third parties includes clauses pertaining to the confidentiality and security of any personal information shared with them.
TCB will process and share personal information of our visitors with government- or law enforcement authorities in response to targeted requests for information.
Storing your personal information
Any personal information you consent to share with TCB will be stored in accordance with our data retention policy and/or until you request your data to be removed. Clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in an email received from TCB will result in not receiving like emails anymore, but it will not necessarily remove all your information from our database.
TCB takes technical and organizational measures to ensure personal information is safeguarded against unlawful processing, including loss of data, and unauthorized access. Should there occur a data breach TCB will inform you and applicable authorities of a suspected data breach where we are legally required to do so.
For different kinds of personal information, we use different data retention periods:
- For any cookies, user identifiers, and advertising identifiers we store with Google Analytics for the data retention period is 14 months. This period is reset on new activity on the website with consent.
- For your consent to place cookies for tracking purposes on the data retention period is 365 days. After this period the consent is expired and we will ask for it again on new activity.
- If you provide us with personal information for the purpose of sending you (electronic) marketing newsletters or special offers. This data will be retained until you indicate that you no longer want to receive this communication and you exercise your right to be forgotten (see below).
YOUR ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
TCB provides access to your own personal information and the ability to change, remove, and retrieve this information. With any such request we require you to provide adequate identification and to allow at most 30 days for processing said request.
If you have questions regarding your privacy, you can always contact us. If you feel that your data protection rights are not adequately respected, you can file a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
Where consent is used as a ground for processing, you can always withdraw your consent for that specific processing activity, and we will cease processing (unless other laws require us to continue certain processing activities).
Right to access
Should you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we have of you, you can contact us via one of the contact options below. Your information will be provided to you in a commonly used machine-readable format.
Right to rectification
If at any point you wish to change the personal information we have of you, you can contact us via one of the contact options below.
Right to be forgotten
If at any point you wish to completely remove the personal information we have of you, you can contact us via one of the contact options below.
Please note that the right to be forgotten applies to specific situations, e.g. where we are processing personal data based on consent and you have withdrawn your consent. If we are required to keep your data for specific purposes (e.g. to comply with tax legislation), we may not be able to delete your data completely.
Any request that, if executed, would not comply with the laws of Bonaire will be refused. The reason for not executing the request will be outlined in TCB’s response.
Please feel free to contact TCB at any time with questions or requests.
Tourism Corporation Bonaire
Kaya Grandi #2, Kralendijk, Bonaire
Tel: + 599-717-8322